stargirl

Wanderlust

Books and traveling? Life is good. ♥

Eleanor & Park

Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell
He sat up. He smiled. Something heavy and winged took off from his chest.
Eleanor hadn't written him a letter, it was a postcard.
Just three words long.

And I just kept staring on the page when I reached the end. Stared, and stared, and stared.
This story is one of those books that I couldn't forget. I was so drawn to the characters, to their story, to their future. It started out with the new girl Eleanor who was different; this being the reason why other students made fun of her. Then there's Park, the Asian kid, who let the new, weird girl share his bus seat. Little did they know that this is where everything will start.

This is my first attempt at Rainbow Rowell's books. I've heard a lot of good things about her novels and this book didn't disappoint me. Immediately, I was engrossed in the story. I was there, on the bus, staring at Eleanor and Park sitting 6 inches away from each other. I love reading from both characters' point-of-view. They were formed in such a way that I was able to relate to them. I even saw myself in them, caught in the daze of young, true love. We were made to understand how different they were from each other - Eleanor who might have lost faith in love because of her family circumstances; Park, whose parents' love for each other would never end, diminish even. Despite of these, they completed each other; they need each other.. that is until... Eleanor's stepdad ruined everything.

I love how the author can be indirect with her choice of words but you get it and you feel it. But her attention to detail is also awesome that you can really become a part of what was laid before you. This is the sort of story that just lingers, and my heart was racing as I got nearer and nearer the end.

Thank you Rainbow Rowell for introducing me to Eleanor and Park's world. I would definitely read your other books :)