stargirl

Wanderlust

Books and traveling? Life is good. ♥

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
For the two of us, home isn't a place. It's a person.
And we're finally home.

I enjoyed reading this book! The story line was simple, yet the characters were lovable and Paris as the setting made it more likeable. Anna, a belle from the South, was forced to attend school in Paris by her father. It was such a huge change but she was lucky to have made friends who helped her adjust. But, one of these "friends" started to become more than that to her. His confusing advances started a twirl of romance, excitement, and heartache for Anna. Will Paris once more prove itself to be the city of love?

The conversations were witty and funny. I love how the reader can also become acquainted with Paris and its culture through the explanations in the book. Isn't amazing how you feel like you have also visited the place just by reading? :) And the ending.. oh my goodness! It was just so sweet how much St. Clair loves Anna, and how he loved her all along. All those complications were a result of misunderstandings and self-interpretations, but I'm glad that it worked out for them in the end.

Such a feel-good book! :)