stargirl

Wanderlust

Books and traveling? Life is good. ♥

The Truth About Forever

The Truth About Forever - Sarah Dessen I'm usually selective when it comes to chick literature because it is not really my favorite genre. However, once in a while, I figured how nice it can be to read these type of books where life and love can be discussed and pondered upon.

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed this book. I found myself being able to relate to the lead character, Macy. It's not that I lost anybody special; it was her being confined to this space where she needs to meet everyone's expectations. It obviously wasn't making her happy, but that power or having control and order made her feel safe. Change occurred when by some twist of fate, she became part of the Wish Catering Services. At first, it was only to give her comfort, but soon it became a window of escape leading to true happiness. That is when she began to understand that things just happen, nothing is perfect, and chaos is completely fine. What added to this breath of freedom was Wes who provided her with the meaning of true love.

I gained so much insight from reading this book. I learned that people tend to judge others based on their flaws, as if those contribute to making us less than who we are. But we are all flawed in some way, and the more we try to control everything, the more we also miss out on the opportunities life has to offer. I had to raise my eyebrows during that part where Jason was trying to ask Macy to write down a list of their expectations and goals for their relationship. SERIOUSLY, A LIST? I didn't even know you could make a list for a relationship. Do those people really exist?

Highly recommended!