stargirl

Wanderlust

Books and traveling? Life is good. ♥

Brave (The 12 NA's of Christmas)

Brave (The 12 NA's of Christmas) - Zoe  Dawson I received a free digital copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest feedback.

I wonder where I found the strength to finish this. I've put it down a lot of times because I was really bored as it dragged on. I have no idea what to expect with this, but the cover caught my eye, and that was one of the very few things I appreciated in this book.

The whole story revolved around two characters - Dakota and Alissa, described physically perfect which was one of the major cliche factors. Both have a dark past they willed to hide, but slowly opened up through conversations and a lot of sexual tensions along the way. I have to admit that I was confused when the story began, but that turned to annoyance and even boredom before even reaching chapter 5. Things were so unreal. Can you imagined how the universe must have conspired for their paths to cross? How lucky for Alissa that Dakota was even a healer? In just a matter of few days they were changed into what they thought was impossible - creatures in the path of moving on. Alissa was described as one having compassion, but seriously she was just lusting most of the time. There was even a part when Dakota was opening up and Alissa was just kissing him (to bring him back to reality or more of taking advantage?)

Most of the time, they just held back from their lust, which Dakota attributed to the demons inside of him (and they appear every so often in the book). I think they should have just succumbed to the call of the flesh so this book would have been over sooner! Or, better yet, the author should have just stopped dragging it on since the story was predictable anyway. That was just 118 pages but seriously felt like forever! I'm happy that with their new resolve to be brave, but other than that, there was nothing else I've appreciated :(